Monday, February 17, 2014

Mambo Number 5

Ladies and gentlemen
This is Mambo No. 5..

A little bit of Gillian in my life
A little bit of Harriet by my side
A little bit of Rita is all I need 
A little bit of Tina is what I see 
A little bit of Hazel in the sun 
A little bit of Jackie all night long 
A little bit of nursing here I am 
A little bit of dressing makes me your man.
A roll call of the many district nurses who have been looking after me since the vein operation.

Some at home, some at the local Health board clinic, some twice, some daily, some using breathable dressings, some using waterproof ones.
Offering advice and practical wound care for a couple of snips that are taking rather a long time to mend. It is their position, right at the waist and groin, that is hindering the healing.

Bending, sitting, driving, wearing trouser, all take their toll.

Thank heavens I'm in good gloved hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment