Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rather in vogue today


Today of course being a public Holiday in Auckland.


The sort of day which previously Everybody would get a day off, with the exception of dialysis patients such as myself.

However this year is different, due to the actions of the doctor who in July was Like a Surgeon, who went Deeper and Deeper Into the Groove, as he became my Lucky Star.


Here we are 7 months on, and rather like a Ray of Light striking  my life has changed beyond recognition since my surgical Angel worked internal magic with my organs. In my previous regimen I was tightly regulated and prone to rebellion, like an errant child begging of his overbearing father, Papa don't Preach. Now I crave treats (as part of a balanced diet) but that is just Human Nature.


So yesterday  instead of attending the dialysis clinic, I was fortunate to Cherish some quality time with my partner, the dogs and the watch our new kitten Causing a Commotion.


Listening to Music and enjoying the fine weather (there was no Rain for a change),
The day concluded with a grand filtering of old clothes to be sent to charity, many of which are too small for my steroid enhanced frame, and hopefully will be well received, although these garments have never graced the cover of Vogue.....


I then finished the day reading Wikipoodle to discover about the fourteenth century nun who fasted for 25 years, only to break her fast on St Kiplings Day when she partook of a delicious holy bun.

To this day she is still remembered as Lois the Buneater.




No comments:

Post a Comment