Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sorry seems to be the hardest word....

 Yodelled the ever youthful Sir Elton of John, this time with added Blue. This somewhat strange combination of a trilling veteran and a toilet cleansing boy band rose steadily up to the peak chert position. This was only the beknighted ones fourth number one single, no popularity with "youf" nodoubt ably assisted by the strapping "youfs" astride his piano.
No piano for me this week (tut tut if you thought strapping youths to be the reference point.) 
Apologies however, were the order of the day on Monday at the clinic. Last week, if you recall, I was chastised by my nurse for my lack of memory over a missed appointment. However, and it is a very large, capitalized, underlined in bold italic script 'HOWEVER', the lack of recall was my consultant's addled brain.

For we had agreed that I was now to visit every three months, but he had neglected to update my notes to that effect.

"Sorry about that" he jovially winked and beamed an impressive smile as he uttered the apology.
Now if I were a grumpy middle aged spoilt, easily affronted diabetic no doubt I would have harboured some malign thoughts for the poor chap, but as a non diabetic middle aged grateful patient. I waved his apology aside with most English of self deprecating semi smiles.


Of course as I left the clinic, the grumpy middle aged spoilt and affronted diabetic swept out with me ,and my mind was directed towards a cat we are getting to see a lot of recently...



No comments:

Post a Comment